C. Dishmey of has tagged me for a meme. You all must think I've turned into a meme blog!
The rules are as follows:
-Link the person who tagged you.
-Mention the rules in your blog.
-Tell about 6 unspectacular quirks of yours.
-Tag 6 following bloggers by linking them.
-Leave a comment on each of the tagged blogger’s blogs letting them know they’ve been tagged.
Here goes, 6 unspectacular quirks of mine in no particular order:
1. I wince every time I hear someone use the word "irregardless". Regardless of what M-W.com says on the matter, in my book, it is not a word.
2. That being said, you might think I'm a stickler for proper word usage. Not so! I really love making up words but I really only use them in the sanctity of my own home (don't want to seem too crazy). One of the made up words nearest and dearest to my heart is "cantaloop." I have no idea why, but to me, the object commonly referred to as a "cantaloupe" looks so much more like a "cantaloop."
3. I talk to myself, out loud, a lot!
4. I type in Dvorak. I learned one summer because I wanted to speed up my typing so that I could beat my fiance at Typershark. Dvorak is supposed to be faster for typing in the English language. I noticed that I really did type significantly faster up to 100+ wpm with my tiny hands and so it stuck. I can still type in QWERTY when need be. Learning a new typing layout is like learning a new language, you never forget the old ones.
5. Another, computer related quirk. I don't use Microsoft. For the past 4 years, I have been using some incarnation of Linux. Currently, I am running Opensolaris. I love it because it's all free, all the apps are free (including a Word, Excel, PPT, equivalent) and it never crashes, EVER! Also, I am a typer not a clicker.
6. When I was younger I used to show up at everything fashionably late. Now, being late is so unfashionable to me. Punctuality is something I strive for.
I pass this on to everyone! I love reading more about you guys!