10.24.2005

all things prince

"Hey, look me over
Tell me do u like what u see?
Hey, I ain't got no money
But honey I'm rich on personality"
-Prince, "Baby, I'm a star"

According to Vogue 'Purple Reign' was one of the themes of this seasons fashion week. And now my name can be included with the likes of Vera Wang, Isabel Toledo and Fendi. What you are about to see is my version of couture, a purple sweater I lovingly named 'Barney.'

Now there are a lot of things not to like about said object, it's sleeves are about two inches too short, the back flap thingamajig is about 3 inches too
short and the collar does not have enough structure for my liking but I guess being the mother type where all spawned offspring are perfect in their own right, i can't help looking at this thing with admiration.

(Cue the music) Presenting my first sweater ever:

Pattern: From my head
Yarn: 8 balls of Elann Peruvian Highland Wool in Purple(?)
Needles: Size 7
Like it: Like a mother likes her child

Some more shots:



So I'm in Portland now (with Barney). Anyone have any suggestions on LYS or fabric stores that I can sneak off to after my presentation?

No comments: