6.14.2007

Winner!!!

And the moment you've all been waiting for.....

Ding ding ding! Winnie is the winner! Ding ding ding! (Think I could replace Bob Barker?)

The names, all three of them, went into a hat and out came the winner. Please e-mail me at the address on the left with your physical address and I'll send out my goodies to you.

Sadly, no one guessed right although most were close. We went to the Phillipines. It was actually a vacation with my fiances family to go meet his extended family in Manila and a small southern city, Cagayan de Oro, where they grew up. At first I was reluctant to go because well have YOU taken a vacation with 2 weeks with your soon-to-be-in-laws? And besides that, the Phillipines was not high on my list of places to visit. But all good things came out of the trip. The family was uber-nice and the Phillipines had it's share of fun things to do and see. Without going into detail of every day, I'll just explain the pictures.

1. This is an early morning picture of the view we saw while travelling to a small white sand bar in the middle of the ocean. Beautiful huh?

2. A jeepney in front of a mall (there are tons of malls in the phillipines). For a brief history click here. These things were crazy. They probably only fit 10-12 people comfortably but honestly about 30 people managed to squeeze themselves into each one. We even saw one that must have had about 50 people with the extra 20 people on the roof!

3. Just a cow we saw. I love this picture because the cow is staring right at the camera. As if he's saying, "whatcha looking at?"

4. This picture is from a crocodile and ostritch farm that my fiance's cousin owns. This ostritch had just hatched from it's egg. (Did you know that ostritch eggs are the biggest in the world?) Isn't he cute?

5. Jackfruit. Hmmm, I love jackfruit.

6. A waterfall. I played around with my SLR a lot to get this shot and I think I achieved what I was going for. The blurring of the water makes the waterfall look huge even though it was actually quite little.

7. A strange flower. Anyone know what it's called? I saw it when we went to the Soda Springs and I just had to take a picture because it was so gorgeous.

2 comments:

soknitpicky said...

Oh, darn! Well, those are really beautiful pictures. I was hoping YOU'd know what that pink flower is. How big was it? It looks like it would have been huge, but of course, that's hard to tell for sure

Marie said...

Thanks for a ggreat read