4.06.2007

Uber-stressed

Lately, I've been operating in high stress mode as I'm preparing for my preliminary exams next week. If you don't know what a graduate level preliminary exam is, be glad, be very very glad! It's uber-stressful, uber-not-craft-inducing and an uber-time-drain (hence not craft inducing). Since I have nothing to show in the way of craftiness unless you consider massive amounts of online shopping to be synonymous with "crafting", I snapped some quick pictures of my outfit today. Before you click away and cruise on over to the "www.boredwiththeprevioussite.com" website, I promise there is some craftiness included. I am wearing my Kiri shawl today. I don't think I ever posted about it, so it's perfect!

kiri1_crop


Pattern:
Kiri Shawl by All Tangled Up
Yarn: Jaggerspun Zephyr Wool-Silk in the Cinnabar colourway
Quantity: 2 ounces

I made this shawl quite small. I'm not what you'd call a shawl person, so I didn't want anything overwhelming. Basically, I was going for something cute and small enough that I could just throw into my bag as an "in-case" kind of shawl. I think I did 13 repeats of the pattern. The pattern is very easy to memorize and being that this was my first lace knit, I think the pattern is very suitable for beginners.

After about 6 months of use I can judge the quality of this yarn. The verdict? I love it. I love the sheen of the color and it really has withstood all my abuse (see throwing it into bags comment). Also, it keeps my shoulders warm in the over air-conditioned room that is my work space.

kiri2_crop

kiri5

Sorry for the bad picture quality, we have "daylight" lightbulbs in our bathroom but I guess they really don't compare to the real thing huh? I'll be back with better quality crafty goodness and pictures next week.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

good luck on your exams! and that shawl is GORGEOUS. i'm not a great knitter, but I have some pretty pink mohair that I might have to try out on that pattern. i love the wine/raspberry color of it too...

Faith said...

I get the "I MUST knit this" feeling only rarely these days on the knitblogs, but this is too good to not attempt- I'm so impressed! This is beautiful!

soknitpicky said...

Uber-lovely shawl! I am so enamored with the leaf motif and your work looks just great! Good luck on exams!